Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu April 24, 2014
Datebook: April 24 - Robert Penn Warren's Birthday
The Second Ever 5K9 Dog Walk is Saturday morning at 10 at Kess Creek Park. The event is a fundraiser for the Graves County Animal Shelter. The registration fee is $20 per dog, which includes a bandana, treats, and cleanup bags. For more information, contact Janie Daugherty at (901) 921-3537.
Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Site celebrates Earth Day with a tree-planting event this Saturday morning at 9:30. Meet at the park welcome center to plant native trees, enjoy an interpretive program, and hike the Woods Walk Trail. Bring work gloves and a sack lunch.
Saturday is Animal Health Technology Day from 8 to 4 at the Carmen Animal Health Building on College Farm Road. Services include microchipping, baths, nail trims, ear cleanings, fecals, heartworm tests, FIV/FELV tests, and physical exams. Proof of rabies vaccination is required. Dogs must be on a secure leash and cats must be in carriers. Details at forthepets.org.