Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed April 23, 2014
Datebook: April 23 - Shakespeare's Birthday
The Murray State University Symphony Orchestra and Symphonic Band present their final concert of the spring semester tomorrow night at 7:30 in Lovett Auditorium. The program includes works by Wagner, Dvorak, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Clifton Williams, Fred J. Allen, and Todd Stalter. Admission is free.
The Loman C. Trover Library Reading Series presents an evening of reading and conversation with noir and crime fiction writers Scott Phillips and Jedediah Ayres this Friday night at 7. The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments are served.
The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Annual Spring Plant Sale is Saturday, April 26, from 8 a.m. to noon. The sale includes a large variety of perennials and herbs, as well as Master Gardeners' heirloom tomatoes and some unusual or hard-to-find plants. The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden is located at 25 Carter Road in Owensboro.