Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed April 23, 2014
Datebook: April 23 - Shakespeare's Birthday
The Murray State University Symphony Orchestra and Symphonic Band present their final concert of the spring semester tomorrow night at 7:30 in Lovett Auditorium. The program includes works by Wagner, Dvorak, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Clifton Williams, Fred J. Allen, and Todd Stalter. Admission is free.
The Loman C. Trover Library Reading Series presents an evening of reading and conversation with noir and crime fiction writers Scott Phillips and Jedediah Ayres this Friday night at 7. The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments are served.
The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Annual Spring Plant Sale is Saturday, April 26, from 8 a.m. to noon. The sale includes a large variety of perennials and herbs, as well as Master Gardeners' heirloom tomatoes and some unusual or hard-to-find plants. The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden is located at 25 Carter Road in Owensboro.