Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed April 23, 2014
Datebook: April 23 - Shakespeare's Birthday
The Murray State University Symphony Orchestra and Symphonic Band present their final concert of the spring semester tomorrow night at 7:30 in Lovett Auditorium. The program includes works by Wagner, Dvorak, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Clifton Williams, Fred J. Allen, and Todd Stalter. Admission is free.
The Loman C. Trover Library Reading Series presents an evening of reading and conversation with noir and crime fiction writers Scott Phillips and Jedediah Ayres this Friday night at 7. The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments are served.
The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Annual Spring Plant Sale is Saturday, April 26, from 8 a.m. to noon. The sale includes a large variety of perennials and herbs, as well as Master Gardeners' heirloom tomatoes and some unusual or hard-to-find plants. The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden is located at 25 Carter Road in Owensboro.