Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu April 18, 2013
Datebook: April 18 - Yankee Stadium Opens 90 Years Ago
"The House that Ruth Built" opened on this day in 1923. Located in South Bronx, it was the home of the Yankees for 85 years, hosting 6,581 games. The iconic stadium was demolished in 2010, and a new Yankee Stadium opened across the street to much celebration and some controversy.
It’s Thursday, April 18
Murray-Calloway County Hospital’s Wellness Works program offers a free community health screening tomorrow morning from 8 to 10:30 at the Stewart County Senior Citizens Center. The screening includes an osteoporosis heel scan, blood pressure checks, and blood sugar screenings. For more information, call 270-762-1348.
Mike Miller Park in Benton celebrates Earth Day tomorrow from 8 to 3. Purchase raffle tickets for rain barrels designed and painted by Benton Middle School Students, help install native plants, learn about local conservation efforts, and participate in plant giveaways. See more at marshallcountyparks.com.
Grace Church in Hopkinsville hosts a short organ recital tomorrow at noon as part of its Music at Midday series. Juilliard-trained organist Wilson Ausburger presents a 15-minute program of works by Gordon Young, Victor Togni, and J.S. Bach. The recital is free and open to the public.
Find more community events online at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.