Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed April 17, 2013
Datebook: April 17 - George Lucas Begins Treatment for Star Wars 40 Years Ago
George Lucas picked up the pen and wrote 13 pages called The Star Wars on this day 40 years ago. It had parallels with Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress, but no Sith, no Death Star, and no Darth Vader... Not yet! The first film came out in 1977, and is the 3rd highest grossing film worldwide (adjusted for inflation).
It’s Wednesday, April 17
Murray State faculty members violinist Sue-Jean Park and pianist Matthew Gianforte present a duo recital tonight at 7:30 in the Performing Arts Hall on the campus of Murray State University. The program features the “Spring” Sonata by Beethoven and the Franck Sonata in A Major. The concert is free and open to the public.
Maiden Alley Cinema presents “Prometheus” tomorrow night at 6:30 as part of the Science On Screen series. A team of scientists travels through the universe, becomes stranded on an alien world, and struggles to survive. For ticket information and showtimes, visit maidenalleycinema.com.
The Murray State University Symphonic Wind Ensemble presents the 19th annual Provost's Concert tomorrow night at 7:30 in Lovett Auditorium. The concert features international trumpet artist Joe Burgstaller, performing two showcase works with the ensemble. For more information, call (270) 809-4288.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.