Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue April 16, 2013
Datebook: April 16 - National Library Workers Day
Happy Library Worker's Day! It's a day for library staff, users, administrators, and friends to recognize the valuable contributions made by all library workers. It's also World Voice Day, a celebration of the phenomenon of voice. Celebrate both, but shhh please not so loud in the library!
It’s Tuesday, April 16
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts presents “The Berenstain Bears Live” tonight at 7. The musical theater experience brings the bear family of the popular children’s book series to life. See details at glemacenter.org. To purchase tickets, call (270) 821-ARTS.
There’s a regular monthly meeting of the Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office. For more information, call James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Hospice Care program hosts an educational event Thursday from 8 to 4 in the Education Building. The event includes information about volunteering, history and philosophy, covered services, reimbursement, grief and bereavement, spiritual care, pain management, nutrition, and ethics. It is open to the public and free of charge. To register, call (270) 767-3670.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.