Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri April 12, 2013
Datebook: April 12 - Yuri's Night
World Space Party! Yuri's Night is an international celebration held on April 12 celebrating space exploration milestones. It's named after Yuri Gagarin who became the first human in space, aboard the Vostok 1 spaceship, on April 12, 1961.
It’s Friday, April 12
Land Between the Lakes offers “Dr. Chester’s Wildflower Walk” tomorrow morning from 10 to 12:30. Dr. Edward Chester, Professor Emeritus of Biology at Austin Peay State University, leads a leisurely walk along Bear Creek. The walk is limited to 25 participants, and sign-up starts 1 hour before the program. For more information, visit lbl.org.
Earth Day in the Park is tomorrow from 11AM to 10PM at Carson Park in Paducah. The free event includes a pet adoption drive, an alpaca wool spinning demo, sunflower planting in the park, live music, speakers, and more. Proceeds benefit GPS RecycleNow.
The 2013 Dogwood Festival Ball is tomorrow evening from 8 to 10:30 at the Robert Cherry Civic Center in Paducah. The Paducah Jazz Ensemble performs standards from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. To make a reservation, call 898-0180.