Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu April 11, 2013
Datebook: April 11 - The Most Boring Day
April 11, 1954 was "the most boring day since 1900," according to the True Knowledge Answer Engine, a database that calculated over 300 million facts to determine this. Nothing significant happened that day, except the birthday of Turkish academic Abdullah Atalar. Happy birthday Abdullah.
It’s Thursday, April 11
The Paducah School of Art honors the opening of its Student Exhibition with a reception tonight. The reception runs from 5 until 7 at the Clemens Fine Arts Center, located on the campus of West Kentucky Community and Technical College. The show runs through May 6th.
The Murray State University Guitar Ensemble presents a concert tonight at 6 in Farrell Recital Hall, located on the 3rd Floor of the Price Doyle Fine Arts Building. The concert is free and open to the public. For more information, call the Department of Music at (270) 809-4288.
Paducah’s Spring Clean-Up Day is Saturday from 7 until 2:30. Bring solid waste and household hazardous waste to the CWI Transfer and Recycling Station on Burnett Street for free disposal. Accepted items include household trash, white goods, tires, household hazardous waste, ammunition, expired prescription medications, and recyclables. For more information, visit paducahky.gov.
See more community events at wkms.org.