Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue April 1, 2014
Datebook: April 1 - Lon Chaney's Birthday
The Sucker Punch Century Ride is Saturday beginning and ending at Gear Up Cycles in Murray. The 100 mile ride is at 8, the 60 mile ride is at 8:15, and the 30 mile ride is at 8:30. The cost is $40 on the day of the race. Proceeds benefit the Murray State University Cycling Team and the Murray Lion's Club Community Skate Park. For details call 270-761-2453.
The John James Audubon State Park Annual Wildflower Extravaganza is set for Saturday from 9 to 2. Activities include ½-mile wildflower walks at 9 and 11, a kids' wildflower scavenger hunt at noon, and a 1-mile wildflower walk at 1. For more information, call (270) 826-2247.
The art exhibit “Visual Evidence 2014” remains on display at the Miller Conference Center through April 8. Work includes oil paintings, watercolors, jewelry, photography, fibers, furniture, and sculpture. Details at murrayartguild.org.