Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon April 1, 2013
Datebook: April 1 - April Fool's Day!
If you remembered to check for the whoopee cushion under your chair today, you were prepared for the annual day of pranks that dates back centuries, from the Roman festival Hilaria to the Medieval Fest of Fools. Best to take NPR's advice, "If something smells funny, remember what day it is."
It’s Monday, April 1
Dr. Michael Muscarella presents a program on Gardening as Therapy tomorrow evening at 5 at the McCracken County Extension Office. Dr. Muscarella is Director of Rehabilitation Services at Baptist Health Paducah. The free program is part of the Toolbox Series of the Purchase Area Master Gardeners Association.
Olympic sports psychologist Sean McCann gives a presentation at Wrather Auditorium on Wednesday evening at 7 as part of the Dr. and Mrs. Gary and Sharon Brummer Colloquium Series in Psychology. The talk is titled “Performing Under Pressure: Learning how to execute when it matters most.” The event is free and open to the public.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes presents Magnificent Metamorphosis tomorrow afternoon at 2:15. Learn about animals that change from their baby shapes to something completely different as adults. See details at lbl.org.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.