Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 27, 2009
Danville native at Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Danville native, poet Maurice Manning reads from his works for Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series Wednesday, April 1st, at 7:30 p.m. in Clara Eagle Gallery. Hear a taste of Mr. Manning's three books of poetry: A Companion of Owls, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions, and Bucolics. Manning's collection, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions won the 2000 Yale Series of Younger Poets Prize. Kate Lochte asked the poet to begin in the voice of a pioneer.
Manning teaches creative writing at Indiana University in Bloomington and keeps bees on his farm in Washington County, Kentucky.