Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri March 27, 2009
Danville native at Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Danville native, poet Maurice Manning reads from his works for Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series Wednesday, April 1st, at 7:30 p.m. in Clara Eagle Gallery. Hear a taste of Mr. Manning's three books of poetry: A Companion of Owls, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions, and Bucolics. Manning's collection, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions won the 2000 Yale Series of Younger Poets Prize. Kate Lochte asked the poet to begin in the voice of a pioneer.
Manning teaches creative writing at Indiana University in Bloomington and keeps bees on his farm in Washington County, Kentucky.