Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri March 27, 2009
Danville native at Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Danville native, poet Maurice Manning reads from his works for Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series Wednesday, April 1st, at 7:30 p.m. in Clara Eagle Gallery. Hear a taste of Mr. Manning's three books of poetry: A Companion of Owls, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions, and Bucolics. Manning's collection, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions won the 2000 Yale Series of Younger Poets Prize. Kate Lochte asked the poet to begin in the voice of a pioneer.
Manning teaches creative writing at Indiana University in Bloomington and keeps bees on his farm in Washington County, Kentucky.