Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri March 27, 2009
Danville native at Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Danville native, poet Maurice Manning reads from his works for Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series Wednesday, April 1st, at 7:30 p.m. in Clara Eagle Gallery. Hear a taste of Mr. Manning's three books of poetry: A Companion of Owls, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions, and Bucolics. Manning's collection, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions won the 2000 Yale Series of Younger Poets Prize. Kate Lochte asked the poet to begin in the voice of a pioneer.
Manning teaches creative writing at Indiana University in Bloomington and keeps bees on his farm in Washington County, Kentucky.