Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri March 27, 2009
Danville native at Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Danville native, poet Maurice Manning reads from his works for Murray State's Jesse Stuart Kentucky Writers Series Wednesday, April 1st, at 7:30 p.m. in Clara Eagle Gallery. Hear a taste of Mr. Manning's three books of poetry: A Companion of Owls, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions, and Bucolics. Manning's collection, Lawrence Booth's Book of Visions won the 2000 Yale Series of Younger Poets Prize. Kate Lochte asked the poet to begin in the voice of a pioneer.
Manning teaches creative writing at Indiana University in Bloomington and keeps bees on his farm in Washington County, Kentucky.