Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon November 16, 2009
Dana Plant Producing New Ford Parts
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – The Dana plant in Paris, Tennessee will begin producing cylinder head covers for 2010 Ford Fusion and Escapes using a recycled nylon material. The covers are 20 percent lighter than standard aluminum parts, which in turn make the cars more fuel efficient. Tri-County Star reports the Paris plant developed and tested the new parts, which are reportedly the first products of their kind manufactured from post-consumer recycled nylon.