Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu February 13, 2014
Dan Knowles and Chill Tonic Play Paris, A Preview
This Saturday, Lee Academy for the Arts in Paris, Tennessee, present Dan Knowles and Chill Tonic in concert beginning at 7 p.m. On Sounds Good, we welcome back multi-instrumentalist, singer and entertainer Dan Knowles for a preview ahead of his concert.
"So when we put this band together, we were playing on the boat...so I started hunting for a name. And back years ago in Paris, there was a fellow named E.W. Groves and his tasteless chill tonic. So, at first, we were going to name the band the Tasteless Chill Tonic, but we decided 'tasteless' was not the right word because we're very tasty musicians!"
Tickets are $10 and are on sale at Leach’s Music, Jack Jones Flowers and Gifts, Merison’s, Lee Academy for the Arts and Knowles String Instruments. For more information, call 731-642-3411.