Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu June 6, 2013
Damaged Bridge Closes KY 2206 in Hickman County
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has closed KY 2206/Springhill Road in Hickman County due to a damaged bridge.
The road was closed this morning at mile point 0.6 after bridge inspectors found damage to pilings on the Cane Fork Creek Bridge. Inspectors believe the bridge was damaged by an overweight load in the last few weeks.
The bridge was restricted to a 15-ton load limit.
Inspectors have been checking the bridge once a month for signs of deterioration.
The bridge is likely to be closed for several weeks until engineers can formulate plans to make necessary repairs. Transportation Cabinet Public Information Officer Keith Todd said the road typically sees about 117 drivers per day.
Anyone with information on vehicles exceeding the 15-tons load limit that may have been crossing the bridge is asked to contact Kentucky State Police or the Hickman County Sheriff.
Roads & Highways
Infrastucture and Highways