Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon September 2, 2013
Cyberattack Entangles KY Education Department
A cyberattack on the Kentucky Department of Education's Infinite Campus information network has kept thousands of parents from accessing online data about their schoolchildren. Officials say no private student data was compromised and workers were beginning to restore access Friday night.
Chief Information Officer David Couch told the Lexington Herald-Leader they hoped to have repairs completed by the time schools reopen after the Labor Day holiday. He described the incident as "denial of service" attacks designed to disable the Infinite Campus system, not an attempt to access information about students.