Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon September 2, 2013
Cyberattack Entangles KY Education Department
A cyberattack on the Kentucky Department of Education's Infinite Campus information network has kept thousands of parents from accessing online data about their schoolchildren. Officials say no private student data was compromised and workers were beginning to restore access Friday night.
Chief Information Officer David Couch told the Lexington Herald-Leader they hoped to have repairs completed by the time schools reopen after the Labor Day holiday. He described the incident as "denial of service" attacks designed to disable the Infinite Campus system, not an attempt to access information about students.