Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
Mon September 2, 2013
Cyberattack Entangles KY Education Department
A cyberattack on the Kentucky Department of Education's Infinite Campus information network has kept thousands of parents from accessing online data about their schoolchildren. Officials say no private student data was compromised and workers were beginning to restore access Friday night.
Chief Information Officer David Couch told the Lexington Herald-Leader they hoped to have repairs completed by the time schools reopen after the Labor Day holiday. He described the incident as "denial of service" attacks designed to disable the Infinite Campus system, not an attempt to access information about students.