Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon September 2, 2013
Cyberattack Entangles KY Education Department
A cyberattack on the Kentucky Department of Education's Infinite Campus information network has kept thousands of parents from accessing online data about their schoolchildren. Officials say no private student data was compromised and workers were beginning to restore access Friday night.
Chief Information Officer David Couch told the Lexington Herald-Leader they hoped to have repairs completed by the time schools reopen after the Labor Day holiday. He described the incident as "denial of service" attacks designed to disable the Infinite Campus system, not an attempt to access information about students.