Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon November 19, 2012
Curris responds to MSU Faculty Senate resolution
Murray State’s Board of Regents Chairman Constantine Curris says the board must collectively respond to a MSU faculty Senate resolution supporting President Randy Dunn and asking for the board to take action on Dunn’s contract.
The resolution asks the board of regents to clarify uncertainty surrounding Dunn’s future employment status to stabilize the University's future leadership. Dunn was a finalist for Missouri State University's open presidency but withdrew his candidacy and chief academic officer, Provost Bonnie Higginson leaves her post this summer.
In an email to the faculty senate Curris says he cannot answer the resolution as Chairman, but must wait for the board's action. In the email Curris says the uncertainty surrounding Murray State leadership may have something to do with Dunn seeking a -quote- "capstone presidency." However, Curris expects the board to review Dunn's contract in the spring and says the board will fully consider the viewpoints of the Faculty.