Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon June 3, 2013
Curris Announces Pick For Murray State's Interim President
Chairman of the Murray State Board of Regents Dr. Constantine Curris announced today he will recommend Dr. Tim Miller as interim president of the University while the board searches for a new president. The appointment would go into affect the date that Dr. Randy Dunn, now President-elect of Youngstown State University, resigns from the Murray State presidency and lasting until the next President of Murray State assumes this position.
Miller spent 17 years as Chair of the Department of Accounting and over 20 years as Executive Director of the Murray State Foundation. Notably, in 2006 he served several months as Interim President prior to Dunn’s assumption of those responsibilities. Miller said Monday that he did not feel comfortable commenting on his potential appointment until the Board of Regents confirmed it Friday.
Curris announced last week nine members will serve on a search committee for MSU’s next president.An organizational meeting of the committee is tentatively scheduled at the conclusion of the board’s special-called budget meeting this Friday, June 7. The board voted 7 to 4, twice, against extending current president Randy Dunn’s contract.