Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 19, 2009
Crittenden School Board Votes on Tax Hike
By Angela Hatton
Marion, KY – The Crittenden County Board of Education plans to vote on a proposed 1 and a half cent property tax increase. The increase would help off-set a state funding deficit. The Crittenden Press reports, if approved, this would be the third tax increase in three years. The board meets later this month.