Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed July 22, 2009
Credit Cards Frozen at Cities Group
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky League of Cities has suspended credit card use by the group's top officials following a newspaper investigation into its spending practices. The Lexington Herald-Leader has reported the group's top three executives accrued $300,000 in credit card expenses in three years. And last week, League of Cities officials acknowledged a credit card charge at a Las Vegas strip club.
The group's insurance board chair, Mayfield Mayor Arthur Byrn, says executive director Sylvia Lovely recommended credit cards no longer be used by her executive staff. The board last week voted to suspend all credit cards - including Lovely's.
The league is a non-profit that provides lobbying, financial and insurance services to 382 Kentucky cities.