Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri June 13, 2014
Crazy Bad Luck: It's Friday The 13th With A Full Moon
Originally published on Fri June 13, 2014 4:59 pm
Today is a bad day for those with paraskevidekatriaphobia. It's also a bad day for those with selenophobia. For those with both, don't look at the calendar or the sky.
Paraskevidekatriaphobia, for those of you who haven't had a chance to Google the term (like your blogger did), is the fear of Friday the 13th. Selenophobia is the fear of the moon. Today is not only Friday the 13th, but there was also a full moon in the Eastern time zone early this morning (12:11 a.m., to be precise).
The next time that'll happen is Aug. 13, 2049.
And in case you're having trouble pronouncing paraskevidekatriaphobia, we'll leave you with some help from NPR newscaster and Two-Way contributor Korva Coleman.