Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 20, 2009
Crash Causes Delays on Purchase
By Carrie Pond
Mayfield, KY – Drivers traveling northbound on the Purchase Parkway can expect a detour during their evening commutes near the site of a fatal car crash. Earlier today, a truck hauling rock ran into the median and crashed just north of exit 25 near Mayfield, blocking the northbound lanes. Graves County officials have detoured traffic to allow them to conduct a crash reconstruction. Northbound traffic on the Purchase Parkway is being detoured off at US 45, around the Mayfield Bypass to KY 58. The detour is expected to remain in place until approximately eight o'clock this evening. Officials won't release the name of the person killed in the wreck until the victim's family is notified.