Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon July 20, 2009
Crash Causes Delays on Purchase
By Carrie Pond
Mayfield, KY – Drivers traveling northbound on the Purchase Parkway can expect a detour during their evening commutes near the site of a fatal car crash. Earlier today, a truck hauling rock ran into the median and crashed just north of exit 25 near Mayfield, blocking the northbound lanes. Graves County officials have detoured traffic to allow them to conduct a crash reconstruction. Northbound traffic on the Purchase Parkway is being detoured off at US 45, around the Mayfield Bypass to KY 58. The detour is expected to remain in place until approximately eight o'clock this evening. Officials won't release the name of the person killed in the wreck until the victim's family is notified.