Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed January 8, 2014
CPE President Did Not Receive University of Wisconsin Presidency
Kentucky's Council on Postsecondary Education President Bob King will not be the next president of the University of Wisconsin System. King, who has led the CPE since 2009, has also been the Chancellor for the State University of New York (SUNY). King was also a state lawmaker in New York.
CPE spokesperson Sue Patrick says King was honored to be considered. Patrick also says King was nominated for the position.
King was one of three finalists for the Wisconsin job. The next president will either be Peter H. Garland, Executive Vice Chancellor/Chief Operating Officer, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, or Raymond W. Cross, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin Colleges & UW-Extension.