Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue January 24, 2012
Court Enters Not Guilty Plea on Behalf of Lattus
By Associated Press
Hickman, KY – The man charged with murdering Hickman, Kentucky Mayor Charles Murphy remains in jail without bond after the court entered an automatic not guilty plea today on his behalf. Police Chief Tony Grogan says 30-year-old Tommy Lattus walked into a police station early Monday and said he'd shot Murphy, who had dated his adoptive mother. Lattus is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Jan. 31. He was assigned a defense lawyer today who has not immediately returned phone calls.