Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 12, 2012
Court Denies Motion to Dismiss in Walker Case
A Calloway County Circuit Court judge has denied a motion to dismiss a tampering with evidence case against Jerry Wayne Walker, Junior. Judge Dennis Foust said in an order issued today that the case does not violate Walker’s rights. Walker faces tampering charges for allegedly writing letters that interfered in the commonwealth attorney’s investigation into a 1998 dorm fire at Murray State’s Hester Hall.
The fire killed student Michael Minger. Walker was accused of setting the fire, but a 2001 trial ended in a hung jury. The state re-indicted Walker in 2011. A jury cleared him in July. A status hearing on the latest case is set for November 13. Walker's attorney Dennis Null said Friday afternoon he had not had a chance to review the judge's order. Null says he will review it and consult with his client before deciding how to proceed.