Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 5, 2009
Court Denies License Plate Hearing
By Angela Hatton
Washington, D. C. – The U-S Supreme Court has refused to hear an anti-abortions group's request to force Illinois to issue "Choose Life" license plates. The high court today left in place a federal appeals court ruling that state officials were within their rights in trying to keep viewpoints on abortion off Illinois license plates. Choose Life Illinois, Inc. sued to force the state to issue the plates.