Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon October 5, 2009
Court Denies License Plate Hearing
By Angela Hatton
Washington, D. C. – The U-S Supreme Court has refused to hear an anti-abortions group's request to force Illinois to issue "Choose Life" license plates. The high court today left in place a federal appeals court ruling that state officials were within their rights in trying to keep viewpoints on abortion off Illinois license plates. Choose Life Illinois, Inc. sued to force the state to issue the plates.