Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 22, 2008
County Gets FEMA Funds for Storm Cleanup
By Todd Hatton
Madisonville, KY – The Federal Emergency Management Agency has sent Hopkins County more than 100 thousand dollars to cover a part of the county's clean up costs after an April storm.
County Judge Executive Donnie Carroll says FEMA has estimated its total reimbursement level at 500 thousand dollars for the storm.
The Madisonville Messenger reports Madisonville and Hopkins County are eligible for 75% of cleanup and repair costs from FEMA after being declared a federal disaster area in April and September.
Heavy rains in April brought extensive flooding to the area. High winds from the remnants of Hurricane Ike brought down trees and power lines in September.