Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon June 25, 2012
Counties in West Kentucky Issue Burn Bans
While West Kentucky's drought and fire risks are some of the worst in the state only four west Kentucky Counties have issued burn bans.
Kentucky Division of Forestry's Lynn True says Ballard, Hopkins, Fulton and Crittenden counties are the only western Kentucky counties to issue a ban. High winds today increase the chance of any fire spreading rapidly. True says that while local Forestry officials can suggest when it would be wise to issue a ban, it is ultimately up to local officials to follow through.