Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon June 25, 2012
Counties in West Kentucky Issue Burn Bans
While West Kentucky's drought and fire risks are some of the worst in the state only four west Kentucky Counties have issued burn bans.
Kentucky Division of Forestry's Lynn True says Ballard, Hopkins, Fulton and Crittenden counties are the only western Kentucky counties to issue a ban. High winds today increase the chance of any fire spreading rapidly. True says that while local Forestry officials can suggest when it would be wise to issue a ban, it is ultimately up to local officials to follow through.