Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon June 25, 2012
Counties in West Kentucky Issue Burn Bans
While West Kentucky's drought and fire risks are some of the worst in the state only four west Kentucky Counties have issued burn bans.
Kentucky Division of Forestry's Lynn True says Ballard, Hopkins, Fulton and Crittenden counties are the only western Kentucky counties to issue a ban. High winds today increase the chance of any fire spreading rapidly. True says that while local Forestry officials can suggest when it would be wise to issue a ban, it is ultimately up to local officials to follow through.