Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon June 25, 2012
Counties in West Kentucky Issue Burn Bans
While West Kentucky's drought and fire risks are some of the worst in the state only four west Kentucky Counties have issued burn bans.
Kentucky Division of Forestry's Lynn True says Ballard, Hopkins, Fulton and Crittenden counties are the only western Kentucky counties to issue a ban. High winds today increase the chance of any fire spreading rapidly. True says that while local Forestry officials can suggest when it would be wise to issue a ban, it is ultimately up to local officials to follow through.