Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon June 25, 2012
Counties in West Kentucky Issue Burn Bans
While West Kentucky's drought and fire risks are some of the worst in the state only four west Kentucky Counties have issued burn bans.
Kentucky Division of Forestry's Lynn True says Ballard, Hopkins, Fulton and Crittenden counties are the only western Kentucky counties to issue a ban. High winds today increase the chance of any fire spreading rapidly. True says that while local Forestry officials can suggest when it would be wise to issue a ban, it is ultimately up to local officials to follow through.