Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 8, 2010
Council Close-Lipped on Deal
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Hopkinsville officials are refusing to release information on a compromise reached between the city and AT&T. The Kentucky New Era reports Hopkinsville's Cable Television Oversight Authority rejected the proposal at a public meeting yesterday. The disagreement stems from the city's assertion that AT&T should be required to apply for a city franchise in order to offer cable television service through its telephone lines. AT&T disagrees. A special council meeting to decide the issue is Monday.