Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tourism & Heritage
Tue June 26, 2012
Cotton Junction Trail Launches in Tennessee
Tennessee tourism officials are launching a self-guided driving trail today that connects farmland and small towns in nine West Tennessee counties.
The Cotton Junction Trail starts in Memphis and heads east and north along 320 miles of roads through Carroll, Crockett, Fayette, Gibson, Haywood, Madison, Shelby, Tipton and Weakley counties. Stops include the West Tennessee Delta Heritage Center, Tina Turner’s grade school, the world's largest tea pot collection, and the Casey Jones Home and Railroad Museum. The trail is the 16th in the Discover Tennessee Trails & Byways program. Officials hope that travelers stop and spend money along the way.