Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu August 13, 2009
Correctional Officers Among Layoffs
By Angela Hatton
Vienna, IL – Employees at the Vienna, Illinois, prison are among four hundred correctional officers losing their jobs. The state decided to lay off the workers as part of massive budget cuts. Governor Pat Quinn plans to lay off as many as a thousand state employees during a second phase of cuts. The Metropolis Planet reports the cuts will save 125-million dollars a year. Job cuts take effect September 30.