Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed December 5, 2012
Corps Plans to Restrict Boat Access on Some of Cumberland River
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers is keeping tight lipped on plans to restrict boat access near hydroelectric power plants on the Cumberland River and its tributaries. The Corps released a statement today saying they would not give details until the plan is finalized. Spokeswoman Amy Redmond says the public will get more information later this month.
Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Sergeant Garry Clark could not comment on the plan. But Clark says fishing is popular near the river dams where the plants are because fish tend to congregate there. Clark says often turbulent waters make boating in that area dangerous.