Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed December 5, 2012
Corps Plans to Restrict Boat Access on Some of Cumberland River
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers is keeping tight lipped on plans to restrict boat access near hydroelectric power plants on the Cumberland River and its tributaries. The Corps released a statement today saying they would not give details until the plan is finalized. Spokeswoman Amy Redmond says the public will get more information later this month.
Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Sergeant Garry Clark could not comment on the plan. But Clark says fishing is popular near the river dams where the plants are because fish tend to congregate there. Clark says often turbulent waters make boating in that area dangerous.