Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu October 3, 2013
Corps of Engineers Nashville Dist. to close campgrounds
The federal government shutdown has prompted the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District to close all of its campgrounds and day-use parks at noon Friday. The district had announced that it intended to keep these areas open as scheduled, but they say support to the recreation areas can’t be sustained.
Visitors already on-site must also leave by noon tomorrow, and can receive a partial refund for any unused portion of their reservations. Nashville District commander Lieutenant Colonel John Hudson says his agency regrets the closure, and will re-open them to the public as quickly as possible.