Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 3, 2013
Corps of Engineers Nashville Dist. to close campgrounds
The federal government shutdown has prompted the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District to close all of its campgrounds and day-use parks at noon Friday. The district had announced that it intended to keep these areas open as scheduled, but they say support to the recreation areas can’t be sustained.
Visitors already on-site must also leave by noon tomorrow, and can receive a partial refund for any unused portion of their reservations. Nashville District commander Lieutenant Colonel John Hudson says his agency regrets the closure, and will re-open them to the public as quickly as possible.