Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu December 6, 2012
Corps Agrees to Hold Public Meetings on Cumberland River Restrictions
Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander says the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has agreed to public meetings to discuss new restrictions on fishing below Cumberland River dams. Alexander is the senior Republican on the Senate Appropriations Committee's Subcommittee on Energy and Water, which has jurisdiction over the Corps.
Major dams potentially affected include Lake Barkley in Kentucky, although the proposed tailwater fishing restrictions would apply to the entire river and its tributaries. Alexander says new restrictions should apply to the smallest area possible, consistent with safety requirements.