Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu March 11, 2010
Coroner: Western KY Teen's Death Appears Natural
Calvert City, KY – A 15-year-old girl who collapsed during volleyball practice in Calvert City apparently had a natural death. Marshall County Deputy Coroner Barry Taylor says autopsy findings in the death of Courtney Koehler showed no evidence of trauma. However, the results aren't complete. Sheriff's department officials say Koehler was at practice Tuesday afternoon in Calvert City when she was stricken and was taken by ambulance to a hospital where she was pronounced dead. Funeral arrangements are forthcoming.