Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 11, 2010
Coroner: Western KY Teen's Death Appears Natural
Calvert City, KY – A 15-year-old girl who collapsed during volleyball practice in Calvert City apparently had a natural death. Marshall County Deputy Coroner Barry Taylor says autopsy findings in the death of Courtney Koehler showed no evidence of trauma. However, the results aren't complete. Sheriff's department officials say Koehler was at practice Tuesday afternoon in Calvert City when she was stricken and was taken by ambulance to a hospital where she was pronounced dead. Funeral arrangements are forthcoming.