Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Thu July 5, 2012
Corker has tax reform plan, not airing it yet
Tennessee’s U.S. Senator Bob Corker says he has a plan to reform taxes and balance the federal budget, but he won't release details until after November’s presidential election.
He says his plan will both cut entitlement spending and raise more money. Corker has submitted a draft for review by congressional budget staff. Corker says he thinks his proposal can provide a compromise between Republicans who want to cut spending and Democrats who want to raise taxes. Corker is up for re-election this year, but so far doesn't face a strong challenge in the August primary or the November general election.