Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu July 5, 2012
Corker has tax reform plan, not airing it yet
Tennessee’s U.S. Senator Bob Corker says he has a plan to reform taxes and balance the federal budget, but he won't release details until after November’s presidential election.
He says his plan will both cut entitlement spending and raise more money. Corker has submitted a draft for review by congressional budget staff. Corker says he thinks his proposal can provide a compromise between Republicans who want to cut spending and Democrats who want to raise taxes. Corker is up for re-election this year, but so far doesn't face a strong challenge in the August primary or the November general election.