Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu July 5, 2012
Corker has tax reform plan, not airing it yet
Tennessee’s U.S. Senator Bob Corker says he has a plan to reform taxes and balance the federal budget, but he won't release details until after November’s presidential election.
He says his plan will both cut entitlement spending and raise more money. Corker has submitted a draft for review by congressional budget staff. Corker says he thinks his proposal can provide a compromise between Republicans who want to cut spending and Democrats who want to raise taxes. Corker is up for re-election this year, but so far doesn't face a strong challenge in the August primary or the November general election.