Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon July 2, 2012
Cooling Stations Coming to a County Near You
Ten counties in our area have opened cooling stations, giving the public with a place to avoid high temperatures and reduce health risks caused by excessive heat.
Ballard County’s Senior Citizens Center in Barlow is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free lunch provided.
Caldwell County Courthouse and senior citizen building in Princeton is open during normal business hours.
Crittenden County Courthouse in Marion is open all day and night.
Fulton County’s Willingham Center in Fulton, KY is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. while temperatures are forecasted above 100 degrees.
Henry County’s Conger Senior Center and Central Community Gym in Paris, TN is available for senior citizens and general public 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Hopkins County City Halls in Earlington, Mortons, Nortonville, Madisonville Salvation Army, and the MWKY Chapter of the Red Cross are open during normal business hours.
Livingston County’s Ledbetter United Methodist is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Lyon County’s Eddyville United Methodist Church and New Bethel Church are open during normal operating hours. Lyon County Courthouse is open weekdays until 4 p.m.
Marshall County’s Joe Creason Community Building in Lovett Park in Benton is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Trigg County’s East Golden Pond Fire Department in Cadiz is open all day and night. Pets may be kenneled at the Cadiz Humane Society.