Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed November 9, 2011
Conway wins over P'Pool
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Frankfort, KY – Democrat Attorney General Jack Conway won reelection over Republican opponent Todd P'Pool. Jesse Burris of P'Pool's home Hopkins County GOP says P'Pool set a good foundation for the future by putting his name out there for future races, but suffered this year because of republican governor candidate David Williams.
"I think the problem that Todd and the rest of the ticket ran into was a very unpopular Republican governor candidate. David Williams was very unpopular amongst Republicans in the state and I think Todd and a lot of the other Republicans felt that."
Burris says P'Pool will return to Hopkins County and continue to serve as county attorney.