Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed November 9, 2011
Conway wins over P'Pool
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Frankfort, KY – Democrat Attorney General Jack Conway won reelection over Republican opponent Todd P'Pool. Jesse Burris of P'Pool's home Hopkins County GOP says P'Pool set a good foundation for the future by putting his name out there for future races, but suffered this year because of republican governor candidate David Williams.
"I think the problem that Todd and the rest of the ticket ran into was a very unpopular Republican governor candidate. David Williams was very unpopular amongst Republicans in the state and I think Todd and a lot of the other Republicans felt that."
Burris says P'Pool will return to Hopkins County and continue to serve as county attorney.