Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon April 20, 2009
Conway warns against stimulus scams
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is warning Kentuckians of possible scams as the Federal Government prepares to send stimulus checks. Those who receive Social Security and disability payments will receive the 250-dollar payment. Conway says the government will not ask people to provide any additional information after receiving their payments. However, they should be on the lookout for scam artists who attempt to obtain their personal information. Consumers who have received calls requesting additional details, such as a bank account number or verification of a social security number, should call the consumer protection hotline at 1-(triple 8) -432-9257.