Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 30, 2009
Conway Wants US Supreme Court to Hear KY Case
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway says he will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review a state Supreme Court ruling that loosened restrictions on where convicted sex offenders can live. Lawmakers passed a law in 2006 barring sex offenders from living within 1,000 feet of schools, daycare centers, and other places where children congregate. The state Supreme Court called the law unconstitutional because it applied retroactively to sex offenders convicted before the restrictions were imposed.