Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed January 16, 2013
Conway Touts KY Drug Reforms
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is telling political leaders from across the nation the Commonwealth is making progress curbing a prescription drug abuse epidemic.
Conway briefed the National Governor's Association Policy Academy on Reducing Prescription Drug Abuse yesterday. Conway touted a law the Legislature passed last year that’s beefed up oversight of Kentucky physicians’ prescribing practices. It requires most doctors to use a computerized prescription monitoring system that can easily spot deviations from normal prescribing practices. Conway says that’s important in a state where more people die from prescription overdoes than car crashes.