Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu September 9, 2010
Conway Surpasses $300,000 in Web Fundraiser
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Democratic US Senate candidate Jack Conway has banked more than $300,000 in his first Web-based fundraiser, while his opponent is making a new plea for campaign cash from his supporters. Republican Rand Paul says he urgently needs to raise more than $350,000 in the next two weeks so everyone in Kentucky can see his first television ad.
Conway's campaign said Wednesday it raised just over $310,000 during the Internet fundraiser. Web-based fundraisers gave Paul more than $1.2 million for the GOP primary but haven't been as lucrative in the general election season.