Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 9, 2011
Conway is Still Attorney General
By Gary Pitts
Frankfort, KY – Democrat Jack Conway retained his position as Kentucky Attorney General last night. Conway received around 55 percent of the vote in the commonwealth. During his acceptance speech framed by a song with lyrics I Get Knocked Down, but I get up again', Conway chided those who thought his career was over after his failed US Senate Bid in 2010.
"There were a lot of people in this campaign who wanted the opportunity to write my political obituary. Well I'm here to tell you that the reports of my demise are awfully premature."
Conway defeated Hopkins County Attorney and Republican nominee Todd P'Pool despite P'Pool's support from heavy hitting GOP personalities like Rudy Giulianni and Sarah Palin.
"I have contacted General Conway and offered concession. And offered my prayers for he and Elizabeth and for a successful term for the people of Kentucky."
Jack Conway in his speech touted the successes of his campaign and four prior years at Attorney General. He also promised further crack down on the growing prescription drug problem throughout the state.