Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 9, 2011
Conway is Still Attorney General
By Gary Pitts
Frankfort, KY – Democrat Jack Conway retained his position as Kentucky Attorney General last night. Conway received around 55 percent of the vote in the commonwealth. During his acceptance speech framed by a song with lyrics I Get Knocked Down, but I get up again', Conway chided those who thought his career was over after his failed US Senate Bid in 2010.
"There were a lot of people in this campaign who wanted the opportunity to write my political obituary. Well I'm here to tell you that the reports of my demise are awfully premature."
Conway defeated Hopkins County Attorney and Republican nominee Todd P'Pool despite P'Pool's support from heavy hitting GOP personalities like Rudy Giulianni and Sarah Palin.
"I have contacted General Conway and offered concession. And offered my prayers for he and Elizabeth and for a successful term for the people of Kentucky."
Jack Conway in his speech touted the successes of his campaign and four prior years at Attorney General. He also promised further crack down on the growing prescription drug problem throughout the state.