Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 9, 2011
Conway is Still Attorney General
By Gary Pitts
Frankfort, KY – Democrat Jack Conway retained his position as Kentucky Attorney General last night. Conway received around 55 percent of the vote in the commonwealth. During his acceptance speech framed by a song with lyrics I Get Knocked Down, but I get up again', Conway chided those who thought his career was over after his failed US Senate Bid in 2010.
"There were a lot of people in this campaign who wanted the opportunity to write my political obituary. Well I'm here to tell you that the reports of my demise are awfully premature."
Conway defeated Hopkins County Attorney and Republican nominee Todd P'Pool despite P'Pool's support from heavy hitting GOP personalities like Rudy Giulianni and Sarah Palin.
"I have contacted General Conway and offered concession. And offered my prayers for he and Elizabeth and for a successful term for the people of Kentucky."
Jack Conway in his speech touted the successes of his campaign and four prior years at Attorney General. He also promised further crack down on the growing prescription drug problem throughout the state.