Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue December 17, 2013
Conway Seeks Abuse Resistant Generic Pills
Dozens of attorneys general from across the U.S., including Kentucky's Jack Conway, are asking the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to require makers of generic prescription pain relievers to make tamper-resistant versions of their products.
The attorneys general thanked the FDA for its efforts to require abuse-deterrent formulations for branded opioids and urged the agency to make sure generic versions have those properties as well.
Conway says abuse deterrence for generics offers another way to try to battle a problem that affects families all around the state. Conway and 41 other attorneys general sent the letter yesterday.