Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 21, 2009
Conway Makes Loans to Own Campaign; Mongiardo Reacts
Frankfort, KY – Jack Conway has boosted his fundraising total by $125,000 with a loan to his Democratic U.S. Senate campaign. The loan put his campaign's fundraising total at just over $2 million. Besides the loan, Conway took in over half a million dollars for the three-month period ending last month. Fellow Democrat Daniel Mongiardo reported nearly the same amount in contributions over the period. Conway spokesman Mark Riddle said yesterday that Conway made the loan to top the $2 million mark and to show that he is willing to invest his own money in the race. Mongiardo spokesman Kim Geveden accused the Conway campaign of misleading Kentuckians by not acknowledging the loan earlier.