Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed October 21, 2009
Conway Makes Loans to Own Campaign; Mongiardo Reacts
Frankfort, KY – Jack Conway has boosted his fundraising total by $125,000 with a loan to his Democratic U.S. Senate campaign. The loan put his campaign's fundraising total at just over $2 million. Besides the loan, Conway took in over half a million dollars for the three-month period ending last month. Fellow Democrat Daniel Mongiardo reported nearly the same amount in contributions over the period. Conway spokesman Mark Riddle said yesterday that Conway made the loan to top the $2 million mark and to show that he is willing to invest his own money in the race. Mongiardo spokesman Kim Geveden accused the Conway campaign of misleading Kentuckians by not acknowledging the loan earlier.