Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 28, 2009
Conway Issues Refund Checks to Scam Victims
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway has issued refund checks to over one-thousand SureTouch customers. An investigation found the phone company guilty of deceptive marketing and illegal billing practices in connection with the sales of "SureTouch" long distance calling cards. The allegations came as part of a national telemarketing fraud investigation by the Federal Trade Commission. SureTouch has paid Kentuckians restitution and fees totaling more than 75-thousand dollars.