Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri August 28, 2009
Conway Issues Refund Checks to Scam Victims
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway has issued refund checks to over one-thousand SureTouch customers. An investigation found the phone company guilty of deceptive marketing and illegal billing practices in connection with the sales of "SureTouch" long distance calling cards. The allegations came as part of a national telemarketing fraud investigation by the Federal Trade Commission. SureTouch has paid Kentuckians restitution and fees totaling more than 75-thousand dollars.