Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Fri October 22, 2010
Conway Hopes Paul Will Debate
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Jack Conway says he hopes Republican nominee Rand Paul will show up for Monday's debate on KET.
After shaking hands and talking with potential voters at a recreation center for senior citizens, Jack Conway fielded a few questions from reporters. Asked about the KET debate Monday with Rand Paul, Conway said "I hope he shows up. A famous American comic once said, 90% of success is showing up. And this is no time to take your ball and go home. This is a contest for the future of Kentucky."
Meanwhile in Louisville, Rand Paul was telling reporters he will announce Friday if he intends to participate in the fifth and final debate with Conway. He's threatening to skip the debate because of a Conway ad questioning some of Paul's alleged activities in college. In the Republican primary, Paul ran an ad questioning opponent Trey Grayson's judgment in college. On November 2nd, voters will decide whether Paul or Conway will be Kentucky's next U.S. Senator.