Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon September 28, 2009
Conway files claim against drug maker Merck
By Paco Long-Mendez
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky is joining hundreds of other individuals and organizations who have filed suit against drug maker Merck. State Attorney General Jack Conway yesterday filed a claim in Franklin Circuit Court against the pharmaceutical giant. Merck allegedly violated Kentucky's Consumer Protection Act in regards to the marketing of anti-inflammatory drug Vioxx. Early studies showed a potential for dangerous side effects including heart attack and stroke. In 2004, Merck admitted that Vioxx caused serious side effects and pulled the product from the market.