Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon September 27, 2010
Conway Campaign Calls For Paul to Return Donations
Frankfort, KY – Democrat Jack Conway's U.S. Senate campaign is calling for Republican Rand Paul to return some $1,400 in campaign contributions from three people that a Conway staffer labeled "white supremacists." Conway spokesman John Collins says the contributions that ranged from $400 to $500 were disturbing.
Paul campaign manager Jesse Benton says 35,000 people have made contributions to the Bowling Green eye surgeon's race. He says staffers couldn't possibly do background checks on every donor. Benton wouldn't say whether the campaign would return the contributions.