Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu April 9, 2009
Conway Announces Senate Run
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – A three-way Democratic Primary is shaping up for next year's U.S. Senate race in Kentucky. Attorney General Jack Conway says he'll run for the seat, now held by two-term republican Jim Bunning. Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo has already entered the race. Mongiardo commented on a potential Conway candidacy during a February visit to Western Kentucky University.
"I think Jack has a bright future in the Democratic Party. I also think he needs some time to mature his accomplishments before running for a level as high as the United States Senate."
Conway will face Mongiardo and former U.S. Customs Agent Darlene Fitzgerald-Price in next May's primary election.