Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu April 9, 2009
Conway Announces Senate Run
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – A three-way Democratic Primary is shaping up for next year's U.S. Senate race in Kentucky. Attorney General Jack Conway says he'll run for the seat, now held by two-term republican Jim Bunning. Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo has already entered the race. Mongiardo commented on a potential Conway candidacy during a February visit to Western Kentucky University.
"I think Jack has a bright future in the Democratic Party. I also think he needs some time to mature his accomplishments before running for a level as high as the United States Senate."
Conway will face Mongiardo and former U.S. Customs Agent Darlene Fitzgerald-Price in next May's primary election.