Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu April 9, 2009
Conway Announces Senate Run
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – A three-way Democratic Primary is shaping up for next year's U.S. Senate race in Kentucky. Attorney General Jack Conway says he'll run for the seat, now held by two-term republican Jim Bunning. Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo has already entered the race. Mongiardo commented on a potential Conway candidacy during a February visit to Western Kentucky University.
"I think Jack has a bright future in the Democratic Party. I also think he needs some time to mature his accomplishments before running for a level as high as the United States Senate."
Conway will face Mongiardo and former U.S. Customs Agent Darlene Fitzgerald-Price in next May's primary election.