Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 5, 2009
Convicted Soldier Sent to Indiana Prison
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – A former Fort Campbell soldier sentenced to five consecutive life sentences for rape and murder while in Iraq has been assigned to a federal prison in Indiana. A federal grand jury convicted Steven Dale Green in May of rape and multiple counts of murder for the 2006 incident. Green will serve his sentence at Terre Haute United States Penitentiary. He is appealing his conviction.